How do I return a product?
We operate a 30-day risk-free return/exchange policy on all website products. If you are not satisfied with your purchase you can return the item/s. Any returned item/s must be received by us within 30 days of your initial invoice date.
Custom work, special orders, personalized or engraved items (including Mother's Rings), cannot be returned or refunded unless there is a manufacturing defect.
Return shipments can only be made after receipt of a Return Authorization Number, (RAN), from us. This RAN number must be marked clearly on the front of the returns package, and must be sent, along with the original invoice, via an insured carrier, to our company address as seen below, (a return address label will be included with the package).
Evan James Ltd
48 Main Street - Brattleboro VT 05301
Your returns package must include all the original packaging, including all of the original jewelry certification report/s. (There will be a replacement charge of US$250 per certificate in the event that the original certification is not returned)
Shipping charges previously paid by the customer at the time of purchase are non-refundable. The customer is also liable for all shipping, insurance and handling costs associated with the return. Shipping and handling costs will be refunded only when the return is necessary due to our error.
Returned item/s must be returned in their original state and condition. Should the item/s not be in their original state and condition all return privileges will be withdrawn.
Please insure all jewelry valued over $500 before returning the product to us. We will not be liable for any loss which may occur during the return process if the goods are not insured.
Following satisfactory inspection of the returned item/s refunds will be processed. Refunds on payments made by credit will be made to the original card only. Likewise, payments made through PayPal will only be refunded to the original accounts debited. Your credit will appear after the completion of the monthly billing cycle.
To exchange an item contact our customer support team for details.
What if I decide to change my order after I have paid for it?
To cancel or change an order customers have to call 800-EVAN-LTD or 802-254-3333 or send an email as soon as possible.
Our order management system is designed to fulfill orders quickly and efficiently so we cannot cancel or change an order once the shipping process has started. If your order has already been shipped and you are unhappy with your choice you can simply follow our return policy to get a refund.
Refunds on payments made by credit card will be made to the original card only. Likewise, payments made through PayPal will only be refunded to the original accounts debited. Your credit will appear after the completion of the monthly billing cycle.
For all customized items the cancellation period is 24 hours. After this time there is no cancellation or return protocol unless an error has been made on our part.
Is my data secure?
Our website uses the SSL (Secure Socket Layer), security protocol whenever it requests personal information such as credit card details.
SSL enables protection of your personal information by encrypting your information as it travels from you to our server, thus preventing disclosure to third parties, and also ensuring that this information is not read over the internet.
Apart from the SSL protection we ensure that under no circumstances will your personal information be revealed to third party sources. All credit card information will only be verified by a responsible employee of the respective financial organization before validating your purchase.
Terms of Service
We are attentive to the fact that consumers who purchase online are very conscious of the protection of their rights, especially from the dissemination of personal information. We thus seek to inform our registering members of these broad terms and conditions:
- Persons who buy online will not involve themselves in any form of illicit postings, vile slander or any other form of derogatory remarks which would hamper, or in any way bring into question our reputation.
- We reserve the right to remove any comment which seems to offend the sentiments and general viewpoints of individual buyers.
- We will associate ourselves with the e-mail ids provided to us by means of direct registration and online buying.
- The website will work amicably with its customers to ensure smooth proceedings. The members can lodge their grievances against products, informational errors or any other such complaints on our email id.
- We reserve the right to republish any of your knowledge filled postings in newsletters, articles and other areas for promotion and distribution of our products.
- We will not however republish without prior consent any such information which we deem to pose a personal threat, embarrassment or danger to any member.
- The buyers should use their own discretion before disclosing any personal information. We will deem it fit to remove any customer from the community if we feel that there has been gross misconduct or inappropriate behavior unbecoming to the company.
- The customers have to provide the website with their correct and appropriate mail and/or email addresses.
- We will also seek to provide customers with the website's newsletters, based on the email addresses given by subscribing members.
- Any material provided by us through electronic mail messages will have the correct originating address stated in it.
- Sporadically data on the our site may be inaccurately displayed. Whilst we make every effort to avoid any errors, we reserve the right to correct and modify any errors or omissions in the site at any time. We do not honor inaccurate or erroneous pricing or information and all our prices shall be subject to change without prior notice.
- Please note that all monetary amounts given on the website are in US dollars as are all amounts stated in promotional or other publications originating from us.
- We have attempted to accurately depict all products offered on the site. In order to provide the opportunity to view products fully some products may appear larger or smaller than their actual size. As the depiction of these products is dependent upon your computer monitor we cannot guarantee that these depictions are accurate.
- In compliance with industry standards and FTC regulations, we state that carat total weight in all purchases may vary 0.05 carats from stated weight.
- We will also see to the fact that any subscribing member can unsubscribe from the promotional offerings, in terms of newsletters and messages, with the help of "opt out" options given on the respective messages.
- We will not use the e-mail addresses provided by subscribing users for any other purpose other than what is stated in the websites policy and conditions.
- The customers should respect the intellectual property rights and copyright laws followed by us. The violation of this condition will make the customers solely responsible for their actions.
- We are required to collect Sales Tax for all orders within Vermont. Orders originating outside of Vermont are not liable for Sales Tax.
- We may at our own discretion alter, delete or add some or all products and services available on this site without prior notice.
- Use of our site is entirely at your own risk. Neither we nor our subsidiaries, affiliates or any of their respective employees, agents, directors, representatives or shareholders will be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages caused by the direct or indirect use of this site, any information contained within or transmitted from the site, products available or purchased through the site or transactions conducted on the site. Regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), strict product liability or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.